Sunday, February 24, 2008

Negotiations


Thoughts for the week. Visiting teaching is an amazing program. The most influential people in my life have been involved as a visiting teacher or a companion or someone I visit. It's quite remarkable. Today I was served tea and was given mulling spices by my visiting teachers!

Lunar eclipse. I'm reminded that the world turns, the planets move and the moon orbits. Most of my time is spent staring at this dumb computer but this last week I was out running and as I ran past Lake Lagunita (it's really a big seasonal pond) I look up and there is the moon in the shadow of the Earth. The universe is so much bigger than we are. We can't control it all, only observe.

I've also been hiking a lot. California hiking is a little like Disneyland. However San Francisco has done a great job at maintaining open space. We are only a few miles north of the city above Stinson Beach, and it's February.

2 comments:

AMiller said...

Yay - I can leave a comment. What a pretty little hiking area. Oh, and yeah, it is probably a good thing to remember that we can't control the universe, no. matter. how. much. I. want. to sometimes. Aahhhh, with that realization comes a bit of freedom.

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Yay I'm happy I can leave a comment too! And ditto to what Amber said :) I'm so glad you have a blog now, it's nice to have a glimpse into your life.